Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Agent - Albatross Villas is a booking agent providing holiday accommodation only. We are not responsible for flights, car hire or any other services. However, we will recommend certain qualified companies on request of the client, or you can view them on the relevant pages of our website.
2. Prices - Rental Prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling. Euros and other currencies are calculated at the daily rate given by our Foreign Exchange partner. Prices are quoted per property per week. If extra days are required we will calculate the daily rate and then multiply the rate by the number of nights required.
3. Payment - At the time of booking a property, a 20% deposit is required. All deposits are non refundable. The remaining balance of 80% is required 60 days before the start of the rental period. If a property is booked after the 60-day period then the full amount of the rental is due immediately to secure the booking. We allow 7 working days to receive the payment from the deposit or balance due date. We can accept payment by bank transfer or cheque.
4. Damages Deposit - A security deposit of £200 or €300 is required at the time when the balance payment is due (60 days before the start of the holiday). Payment can be made by cheque. This will be returned once the relevant management company of the property you have booked has confirmed the property was left in a good condition (this also includes the garden area).
5. Cancellation Charges - There will be a loss of deposit if the booking is cancelled 90 days, or more, before the start of the rental period. If the booking is cancelled between 90 – 45 days before the start of the rental period and after the balance has been paid, then we will refund half of the balance amount. Therefore 40% of the full price. Any cancellations made 45 days or less before the start of the holiday will result in a loss of the full amount paid.
6. Changes & Amendments - Any changes to the booking details, including the number of guests and names of guests, must be notified in writing to Albatross Villas, 9 Lovelstaithe, Norwich, NR1 1LW, England or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our upmost to accommodate any requests to change property or holiday dates. However, if a higher value property is requested or extra days are required, we will require the difference immediately to confirm the change. If you change to a lower value property, then we will refund you the difference.
7. Check-In & Check-Out Times – You may enter your property on the arrival date from 2pm. On departure day you must leave the property by 10am.
8. Extras – Extra services include baby cots, high chairs, additional beds or food shopping. They are charged at the following rates: Baby Cot - £25 per cot per week, High Chair - £15 per chair per week, Extra bed - £50 per bed per week. Please note that only one extra bed may be hired per villa. Extra beds can only be hired if renting a villa due to space implications.
9. Services – Services that are included in the rental amount are; water, gas, electricity, central heating and pool cleaning. Other free services include a complimentary welcome pack on arrival and an end of stay clean on departure. If you have a 2 weeks booking then there will be a full clean, change of towels and linen after approximately 1 week. (The cleaners or relevant management company will notify you when they wish to access the property.) Pool heating costs are included in the rental amount unless stated on the website or by an Albatross Villas agent at the time of booking.
10. Travel & Health Insurance – You should obtain comprehensive travel insurance as well as health insurance cover. If you are a UK resident we recommend you carry your European Health Insurance Card with you at all times.
11. Liability - We will not accept liability for personal injury, death, loss or damage arising from the provision of letting the accommodation.
12. Tenant's Responsibility - It is the tenant’s responsibility to exercise due care and attention in relation to the accommodation together with all fixtures, furnishings and fittings provided. The accommodation should be left in the same state of cleanliness and condition as it existed at the start of your holiday. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the refundable breakage deposit and extra charges made to the tenant above the amount held, if necessary.
13. Building Work – We will not take responsibility for building work in the neighbourhood or close proximity of the rental accommodation. You will be advised at the time of booking if it is known to the company of any building work close to the property, which could affect the enjoyment of your holiday.
14. Complaints - Albatross Villas offers a high standard of accommodation. Should the tenant feel that the property is not satisfactory, we require you to inform us on the day of arrival. Should you fail to tell us, we are not responsible for any matter which you did not bring to our attention during your holiday. If the problem cannot be resolved locally when on holiday, to comply with the EU legislation, all complaints must be received in writing within 28 days of your return. Under no circumstances will Albatross Villas enter into any negotiations for claims of compensation whilst the tenant is on holiday.
15. Marketing Information - We make every effort to ensure that the information supplied to you is correct. Any information given to you with regard to the resort, complex, accommodation and its contents is given in good faith and is believed to be accurate. Distances and measurements are approximate. No responsibility can be accepted for the climate, the natural or built environment, local conditions, traditions or practices and interruption to, or break down, of any public service. Albatross Villas is not liable for any inaccuracies contained in any supplied information.
16. Cancellation by Us - The arrangements for holidays are made many months in advance in some cases and occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances it may be necessary to make changes to those arrangements. In the unlikely event of such changes arising we will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible. However, occasionally we have to make a major change, which may involve in changing your accommodation to a similar classification. If this is not possible we will offer you a choice of either accepting new changed arrangements, or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. Albatross Villas cannot accept liability for any compensation when the above changes have to be made. Our commitment to you will be to offer the best alternative to the holiday you originally booked with us.